Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Flow with Ro, Connect with Christy


Over Father's Day weekend, I had the lovliest experience co-teaching a somatic improvisation workshop with my friend and mentor Christy Funsch. It was a somatic smorgasborg. After tapping our cortices, we underscored, we rounded down, we flexed our femurs, we freed our necks, we shared vinyasas and we palpated each others' psoases (the filet mignon of the body). It was so juicy and fun. Highlights include being in the brick-lined, airy Kunst-Stoff Arts Studio, decomposing to the grungy sounds of Soundgarden, gazing out the windows at downtown SF then gazing inside at our own marvelous mechanics, underscoring with Rosemary Hannon: my contact improv priestess, the scapula train, and banana roll. It was so enjoyable both being led and leading an intimate group of movers through a variety of practices and improv scores. More, more, more.

1 comment:

  1. Sign me up, my Chain Link friend, for all your works of heart. I'm so appreciative of the face-to-face (hand-to-foot) dimension of your work-life. Thanks for helping me fill the pockets of my (and my girls) own aprons.

    ReplyDelete