Thursday, December 9, 2010

Romesticity



This morning I talked to a friend on the phone about housewife and stay-at-home-mama life. I heard myself say, "I like it and I'm good at it." Pictured here: shepherds' pie and Lambie pie--some of the spoils of Romesticity. Since Skyla started Kindergarten I've been cooking, reading, and rehearsing lots more. In the food photo: filling I made for tonight's shepherds' pie, flocked, as it were, by a script for the Christmas pageant, with lines highlighted for Angel Skyla and me, Mary, and the Style section from the Sunday Chron with the "deep dish" on fashion muse and femme fatale Isaella Blow. In the lamb photo: The kids' and my fashion treatment of Lambie, Skyla's idea. Skyla and Julius, with an eye for fashion himself, hand decorated the skirt with butterflies and mountains and sun dots. The sew-free shawl is Skyla's favorite color: rainbow. When I look at these pictures I can see why I said what I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment