Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Do bwaah.


Pucker up and kiss blow: "DuBois." It's opening night of A Hand in Desire and oh, do I have a pain in the neck. It started yesterday, was agonizing last night during our rough dress rehearsal, and persisted this morning. So I went online and found all the home remedies I could find. I've been icing it, moist heating it, showering it, got Ed to scrape it with the side of a spoon 50 times x 3, I've applied accupressure between my first and second knuckles, I've stretched the underside of my toes to soften the back of my neck according to zone therapy, and then I went to the herb store and got some Lobelia, recommended as a stiff neck muscle relaxant. After I took 20 drops in a little water, which was wretched, I read more about Lobelia and discovered it's also known as "pukeweed" and is used as a purgative. Needless to say, the i ching is right again, with new openings there is often "difficulty in the beginning." I suppose if my nausea overrides my stiff neck, that wouldn't be all bad, but right now I'm feeling gurgle tummy and tense neck so we are looking for a miracle. Six and a half hours to showtime! Lord have mercy. Calling all angels, spirits, some sweet relief pretty please. Whoever you are, I have always relied on your kind of strangeness, your strange kindness. May it be so!

No comments:

Post a Comment